Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Founders

Today I saw a movie that was very good. I recommend it to all people, addicts and non-addicts. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097939/. It was the story of Bill W., one of the co-founders of AA. I noticed a myriad of similarities between his life and mine. In fact, most addicts live similar lives and have similar war stories and ups and downs. The craziest thing of all is the parallel structure of the recovery process. It seems that it is different for everybody, but at the same time the similar. God is the ultimate healer. If God is not present, one will not recover. They may be abstinent, but inside they have not fully recovered. That was me. Now is we.

PROVERBS 27:1

Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.

Take it one day at a time. Thank You God, Thank You Lord Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for allowing me to take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment