Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Devil is a Liar

I am an addict. But I am also a true believer in God, The Lord Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit . This is my first blog and it's purpose is to help me and help others deal with addiction. Addiction is a disease for which there is no known cure. However, it is a manageable disease and can be arrested. I know I can arrest my addiction. Friday night, I relapsed for the eighth time in eight months. Eight months ago was the first time I tried to get help for my addiction and admitted I was an addict. I've been using for about ten years. What I used is of no importance and is irrelevant. Forever Like The Moon is going to be focused on recovery, because if you are an addict, you already know about addiction. I'm going to end each blog off with a bible verse or verses.

PSALM 89:19

Once you spoke in a vision, to your faithful people you said: "I have bestowed strength on a warrior; I have exalted a young man from among the people."

To truely arrest my addiction, I know I have to speak with God and know that he is with me at all times. I can never doubt his presence. For when doubt comes into mind about God, the devil will take advantage immediately and enter your mind. I spoke to God last night and he gave me a message. He said, "Follow My will and do as I say and you will be rewarded. But the reward will not come from Me, but from yourself."

God has bestowed strength on me and I am a warrior, for I am at war with my disease. In order to win this battle, I will need God's strength. A good friend of mine bought me a Bible last night as I did not have one. I believe this is the best gift I ever received. In order to know and understand God's word, you have to learn about God's word. Thank you God and thank you Lord Jesus Christ the Savior for my life that I have now. Thank you for the pain that I have endured and suffered for I could not become the man I am supposed to be without this pain.

1 comment:

  1. Faithful Witness-
    Your words are incredible. Vivid imagery. Painful emotions. Your writing is emotionally stirring and I hope you continue to battle your demons and that those fighting similar battles find comfort and motivation in your words.
    I wish you the best in what is sure to be a life long struggle and may your words be a stepping stone in you as well as others battles.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete