Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Knowing is Beyond Trying

I can try all I want, but if I fail, I can start over. If I know all I want, I won't fail, and I don't have to start over. The key is to never give up, to keep trying, and if something doesn't work, try again. I know what does work for me and will work for the majority of people who give it their all. That is to know God and to give it all to Him.

Today the devil tried to contact me with deceit. An old friend's girlfriend contacted me and said she was going to pick up my old friend from jail tonight. She mentioned new beginnings. I know in my heart that they will be using again probably by this weekend. I sent her a message telling her and my old friend not to contact me and that I couldn't hang out with them anymore. I told them not to take it personal because I'm doing it for myself. It felt good to do this.

Psalm 96 4-6

For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens. Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and glory are in his sanctuary.

My idols used to be drugs. I regarded them as giving me strength, making me happy when I was sad, and giving me power. But false idols leave an emptiness. This emptiness was never fulfilled and continued to eat at my soul until I opened my heart to God. Thank You God, Thank You Lord Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for opening my heart and allowing me to see You again. My vision was blinded by the devil. My vision is corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment