Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

The First Sign

This morning I woke up and the first thing I did was pray. I thanked God for waking me up alive and healthy and I asked Him to guide me through the day.

I also faced one of my fears. On the way to my friend's house the thought entered my mind that I would be passing the street for which the house is on that I've relapsed the last eight times. However I passed the street twice (on the way there and on the way back) and didn't even realize I passed it until I was about a mile away each time. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for giving me the strength to endure the struggle.

The title of this blog (Forever Like the Moon) was chosen from me praying to God to help me with the title and pseudonym for this blog. Yesterday, I opened the bible to a random page and there staring me in the face were the title and pseudonym.

Today I was standing outside and I caught myself staring at the moon. I began to notice it's intense glow and shimmering fog and I texted my friend to see if it was a full moon. He said it was and I went inside and started pacing back and forth and kept getting subtle shivers. I knew this was the first sign.

PROVERBS 11:21

No harm befalls the righteous, but the wicked have their fill of trouble.

I was wicked for many years, filled with hate, deceit, manipulation, un-truthfulness, and doubting the existance of God. I can tell you I caused myself great harm. In order for me to rid myself of harm, today I will be righteous. I will do the right thing according to God's will. It sounds so simple to know the difference between right and wrong, and not one of us is perfect to always know what is right and wrong. To practice what is right and wrong is the key to fullfilling God's will. Thank you God, Lord Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for showing me what is right and what is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment