Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lighting Denial

This weekend I stayed at a friend's house. It was theraputic and refreshing at the same time.

A good friend of mine who had read my blog told me not use it as a gimmick. I thank him for that suggestion. It wasn't that I was using it as a gimmick, but it definately is possible for me to lose focus of why I'm writing this blog. To help myself and to help others. That is one reason why I want to remain anonymous. I do not wish to receive praise or recognition for my writing. I do not wish to be proud of my writings as pride is a deadly, deadly sin.

Today was the resurrection of Jesus and the pastor at church spoke of a light in the darkness. When I was an addict, my life was darker than coal. The black hole for which I dwindled into had blinded me from the light and kept my addiction hostage. There is now light in my life, and that light is God.

Mark 14:71-72

He began to call down curses on himself, and he swore to them, "I don't know this man you're talking about." Immediately the rooster crowed the second time. Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows twice you will disown me three times." And he broke down and wept.

How many times in my life did I deny and disown Jesus? Too many. Lord Jesus Christ knew I would disown Him. But he also knew I would come back to Him. That is the unconditional love of the Lord Jesus Christ that is so rare in humans. Alot of people speak of unconditional love but do not practice it. I will practice unconditional love to Jesus and to those that I love. Thank You God, Thank You Lord Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for being there for me no matter what. Thank You for showing me a light in the darkness.


No comments:

Post a Comment