Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Meditation for the Sculpting of the Mind

I had to meditate today and do some soul searching. I had to close my eyes and kick my feet up on the window sill. Sitting in the recliner, I told myself over and over again that I do not want to use drugs. That drugs are harmful to me. I told myself I will use my tools for recovery whenever I get into a situation where I sense my control is wavering. Again and again, I told myself I was going to be strong and resist the temptations. Praying to the Lord, I gave up my addiction to Him. An hour later, I woke up. I felt a change. A change that I've never felt before in my course for recovery. The complexity of arresting an addiction is like none other challenge I have ever faced. In the face of adversity, I have to do this. There is no other path.

Psalm 110:1

The Lord says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."

The Lord is mighty. It is passages like this that remind me how powerful the Lord is. I am above my enemies and wish to rest my feet upon them. I can vision this. Thank You God, Thank You Lord Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for placing me at Your right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment