Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Perseverance

In order for me to arrest my addiction, I'm going to have to practice perseverance. To persevere through something that is difficult is self-rewarding. There are many times where I have given up, hence my chronicled relapses. If I would have just persevered through that first urge, things would have been different. But I cannot live in the past. I must live for the day. If I live for the day, my future will play out accordingly. Whatever God has instore for me, I will be prepared.

Isaiah 43:18

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.

I've caught myself dwelling on the past many times, playing out scenarios where this could of been that and if not this then that and if not that than this. This is self destructive thinking. We do not live in a movie where we can go back into the past and change things to alter the future. Today, I can think for today, and today only. Thank You God, Thank You Lord Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for letting me live Your will for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment