Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Unwanted Urging

I got an urge last night shortly after I put down my book and turned out the lights. I looked at the clock to time it and it was 11:05PM. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. By the time the urge had passed, it was 11:39PM. A 34 minute urge(Most last between 15 and 20 minutes). For those of you who don't know, an urge is a subliminal message or thought that your brain gives you because it wants something. With this example being a drug, it is the chemical the brain wants to unleash to experience the artificial pleasure feeling. I.E. it is a chemical addiction. Some addictions are physical and some are chemical, however some are both. I'm pretty sure my addiction is chemical and just when the brain realizes that the chemical is out of the system, it wants more and doesn't want you to forget about the reward experience. This happens at approximately the three week period. Now the brain can also be trained to live without drugs. It takes time. The longer I stay sober, the less and shorter urges will be until they eventually fade away. This sounds simple, but infact it is one of the great mysteries of diseases. Hopefully, my experience as a pseudo test case will help others in the future.

Ezekiel 36:3

Therefore prophesy and say, This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Because they ravaged and hounded you from every side so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations and the object of people's malicious talk and slander,

I almost became a permanent possession of the devil. People who I love dearly talk maliciously and slander me to my face and behind my back. But I must shove this to the side. If I let it affect me, I will never recover for I will hold resentments that will burn inside of me like a flaming torch. Thank You God, Thank You Lord Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for allowing me to ignore malicious talk and slander against my name. Thank You for allowing me to be free from the deathly grip the devil possesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment