Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Writer's Blocked

I recently finished a 698 page book on the history of the NBA by Bill Simmons. The Book of Basketball is a riveting book on the complete history of professional basketball detailing the greatest players and greatest teams of all time, while also adding many stories and opinions that have generated over the years. There was a quote in the book by Bill Walton, a two time NCAA Champ and two time NBA Champ who holds the NBA record for most games missed in a career (due to injury) while being on a team's roster. Walton stated, "The history of life is that most people eventually figure it out." Referring to "The Choice" or stated by Bill Simmons as "The Secret", which is the only way to win a championship in the NBA(or in any phase of basketball). By playing as a team as one instead of looking for individual success and achievements, few players actually understood the "The Choice" or "The Secret".

Song of Songs 8:6

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.

As paralleled with Walton's quote, I know that I will figure out my problem. I am beginning to love myself again and become one with myself. Although people have to figure out life on their own, the jouney holding God's hand can make the walk an endless stroll into freedom. Thank You God, Thank You Lord Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for walking with me as I figure out life and begin to love and know myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment