Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Knowing is Half the Battle

I've known for a long time now that I want to recover from my addiction. I've taken in copious amounts of information and practiced everything I can. I've taken suggestions and listened to others' stories. I've arrested my addiction for over sixty days. I've gotten back to loving and trusting God after a ten year absence(around the time I started using). But the other half of the battle is wanting. I want this so bad right now that the pain I experienced still resonates deep in my heart. Since there is no known cure for addiction, it takes the right formula of trial and error for each individual person to succeed. What I can not believe is how much of a better person I am now than when I was using. I used to be a controlling, manipulative person. I used to be a compulsive liar. I used to not trust and believe in God. I truly believe I was supposed to go through this experience so that I could help others. That's one of the things I have always loved to do is help others. Recovery is not an exact science. Recovery is an art form.

Isiah 8:12-13

Do not call conspiracy everything that these people call conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it. The Lord Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, He is the one you are to fear, He is the one you are to dread, . . .

Why should I fear the devil. If I fear the devil, then that gives him control of my emotions. I will fear God as he is in control of my destiny. Thank You God, Thank You Lord Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for allowing me to fear You.

No comments:

Post a Comment