Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

In Perspective

Today, I am eight days clean, fifteen minutes away from nine days clean. But I am much farther than that. I must not think that way, but let this happen. Today, I can say I'm a better person. I can say I know who I am, and that would be expected. But if I say I am not who I am, that's who I was. The perfect example can not be achieved and should not be anticipated. I was taught that patience is a virtue. So to adhere to that principle would be beneficial not only to myself, but to who I am. A lot happens in a day, but the task of laying down at night and putting the day in retrospect is effective in concocting a positive mental state. To wake up the next day and open my eyes with no regrets is priceless. As is my life. As is your life. As is our life. As is His life.

ISAIAH 51:15-16

For I am the Lord your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar - the Lord Almighty is his name. I have put My words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of My hand - I who set the heavens in place, who laid the foundations of the earth, and who say to Zion, "You are My people."

Everything. All of this. Everywhere, is the Lord. Thank You God, Thank You Lord Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for covering me with Your shadow and putting Your words in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment