Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Re-Toxification

Today is twenty days clean for me. From my analysis and personal experience, the next ten days will be the hardest to stay clean. There is a "honeymoon" period of about twenty days that takes place first. Now comes the re-toxification effect. The brain realizes that most of the chemical is gone from the body and therefore the possibility of quitting for good is much higher than ever before. The brain doesn't want this. Chemically, the brain wants to feel the euphoria and tries harder than ever to do so at this time. But the trick is the brain can be trained. As individuals, we learn by repitition and practice. We practiced and repeated getting high, becoming addicted. Therefore, by practicing and repeating staying clean, we will become sober. Now the most important aspect of all is to allow God to give us strength because without Him, the devil will take advantage of our weakness. It's not a receipe for success, just a step closer to reaching out and touching the sun.

PROVERBS 12:1

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.

When I admitted that I was an addict was the moment I stopped hating correction. This was a big step for me getting clean and I will forever remember this. Thank You God, Thank You Lord Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for allowing me to acknowledge knowledge and discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment