Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

One is too Many

There is a saying out there. One is too many and a thousand is never enough. This applies to drugs for the addict and can also reflect other avenues of life. Even lying. Today I got caught up in a lie. I feel awful, not only because the lie was meaningless and not even necessary, but I threw my cousin under the bus unjustly and hurt my ex-fiancee even more. I told her that my cousin asked me to drink last Saturday night, when in-fact it was me who asked him. Why did I lie about this? Because I tried to blank out the memory in my head of me wanting to drink when I knew I couldn't drink. Being ashamed, I took the devil's route. I can not be a Godly man if I am still lying. Even if it is a small lie. A lie is a lie. And the devil is a liar.

JEREMIAH 7:1-8

This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: "Stand at the gate of the Lords house and there proclaim this message: "Hear the word of the Lord, all you people of Judah who come through these gates to worship the Lord. This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Isreal, says: Reform your ways and your actions, and I will let you live in this place. Do not trust in deceptive words and say, "This is the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord!" If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, if you do not oppress the alien, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm, then I will let you live in this place, in the land I have your forefathers for ever and ever. But look, you are trusting in deceptive words that are worthless.

I need to search my soul for any lies that I have spoken and come clean to those I have lied to. Thank You God, Thank You Lord Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. Thank You for allowing me to be honest. Thank You for allowing me to tell the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment